• CrossFit Level 1 Trainer’s Certification
• CrossFit Level 2 Trainer’s Certification
• CrossFit Kids Trainer’s Certification
• CrossFit Movement and Mobility Course
• CrossFit Endurance Course
• CrossFit Gymnastics Course
• Australian Weightlifting Federation Level 1 Coach
• Australian Weightlifting Federation Level 2 Coach
• Australian Institute of Kettlebells Level 1 Trainer
• Australian Institute of Kettlebells Level 2 Trainer
AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF FITNESS
• Advanced Sports First Aid Certificate
• Sports Medicine Australia Strapping and Taping Certificate
• Sports Medicine Australia Sports Trainer Certificate
• Australian Institute of Fitness – Master Trainer Level 1
• Australian Institute of Fitness – Certificate III in Fitness
• Australian Institute of Fitness – Certificate IV in Fitness
• Australian Institute of Fitness – Master Massage Level 1
• Australian Institute of Fitness – Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
Why do you workout, eat well and stay healthy?
I have been experimenting in the gym for well over a decade. Through my own experiences with exercise and nutrition, I have learned about the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle, keeping physically fit and maintaining a healthy diet to adequately fuel the body. I have developed a realisation of the priorities in life and the benefits that come as a result of being disciplined. I strive to make this my focus when coaching.
My training began as a way to support and supplement my athletic endeavours playing rugby and boxing, and this continued through my time at University whilst studying a Bachelor of Sports Science. During this time I ran my own PT business and worked as a training assistant at the West Coast Eagles and at my local rugby club.
After discovering the transformative effects of CrossFit training, I began coaching, training and educating myself by accessing and attending as many courses as possible.
My body is my vehicle for everything I do and achieve in life, so it must be a top priority for me. Eating well, getting enough sleep and daily functional movement are the three essential pillars for me to attain my goals.
Working out is something I see as a little different. It is one form of daily movement for me, but it is also a time for me to push myself and test my limits. I love challenging myself and achieving goals through exercise.
A huge passion of mine is one on one training sessions with clients. As a performance coach, I draw inspiration from many of my clients. I have enjoyed working on improving and fine tuning techniques for athletes across a variety of sports which has resulted in a marked improvement in their performance. I have drawn great inspiration from numerous clients who I have worked with in rehabilitation and have enjoyed celebrating their gains in movement and flexibility. I feel privileged to be a part of reducing their pain and improving their lifestyle.
I firmly believe in the principles of quality movement and I enjoy seeing people overcome challenges. I love developing a rapport with my clients and working closely with them to achieve their goals. Whether it is helping someone who is completely dysfunctional accomplish unachievable movement patterns correctly for the very first time, or be that aspiring athletes to reach heights which they thought were unattainable. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing my clients and members attain the goals they set out to achieve, it is why I am passionate about being a performance coach. It is my responsibility to continually reflect on my practice and to research and update my knowledge of technique through accessing professional development opportunities whenever possible.